Welcome to His Hands Photographs!We're a husband and wife photography team who specialize in weddings and family portraits. I'm Samantha Ferguson and my husband is Cory. We have a son and daughter, Elijah and Sarah, who are the reasons we started photography. We love pictures and we love to see things a little differently. We didn't grow up wanting to be photographers but both fully beleive this is what God made us to do. Please take a little time to read through the blog and get to know us! You will see a little bit of everything from our personal life to my favorites from the awesome families and couples that we serve!!! Leave a comment and tell me what you think! Comments make my day!
Posted on March 12, 2013
I am so excited to share this engagement with our blog readers. When I met with this couple to talk about the wedding day and engagement session I love hearing their story about how they met and fell in love. We were talking about ideas for the engagement session when I suggested we met up at several of the significant places in there relationship. I had the best time on the most perfect day weather wise running around the city!
Here is their story…
Boy meets girl. (Hoover High School where they met)
Boy and girl go on first date… (First Date at New York Pizza in Homewood)
Boy and girl fall in love… (Star Lake where they spent many dates!)
Boy asks his girl to marry him! (At Moss Rock Preserve where he asked her to marry him!)
Boy will marry girl… (The couple will host a reception for friends and family at Vulcan after they marry at the brides home church!)
Love it!! Here are a few more from our stops around town!
Leave a Comment
Posted on March 7, 2013
I felt like there was a need for a contest! This contest is going to be a little different from our other contests and I hope you will have extra fun entering and telling your friends about it!
As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another. Proverbs 27:17
We should all have a friend that is like iron to us. A person that is never afraid to tell you what you need to hear and loves you with all of your faults. We all need at least one best friend to live life with! I have several really great friends that are so good to me. It is really hard to choose just one “best” friend but my “iron friend” is the most amazing lady you will ever meet. She stands every day with grace and love and seriously makes life look easy. And she is crazy beautiful to boot! She is so good to me. She listens to me whine, then has no problem telling me like it is. She is going to kill me for calling her out on my blog. From the first time I met her, I wanted to be her friend. I was so very grateful when God brought us together to be REAL friends. I could go on and on but I want her to remain my friend so I will stop before I embarrass her.
On Valentine’s day this year, she became engaged and it made all teary (and I am not a teary person!). She has found her prince charming and I am so very happy!! I have spent the last couple of weeks thinking about her since she said yes. I am sad to admit this… I can’t find one picture of us together in the last few years. I hate being on the other end of the camera and avoid it like the plague (my goal this year is to get over that!). We all NEED pictures of us with our best friend! It gave me a great idea for a contest. (I promise to take a picture of the two of us the next time we are together… deal??)
So here is our great contest… I am going to offer one person a free session with her best friend. If you are a mom with kids and your best friend has kids too… I am offering TWO full sessions for each family. I will spend time taking pictures of you both together and your kids together. We all know that our kids become best friends too. This is a wonderful opportunity to have a family session and to make memories with your best friend that will leave a legacy for years to come! You can show your grandchildren one day all about your best friend with the images from this session! Fun, right??
Here are the details of what you win:
1. One family session for the winner and one family session for a friend of her choosing. (No print credit included. ($200 value total)
2. Each family wins (1) 11×14 each of your choice from the session. ($200 value total).
How to win:
1. Send me an email on why you should win and who is your best friend! I want to hear what she is so great and why you need a session. Don’t be shy. firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Share on facebook about our contest. You can either copy of the status below or make your own. You MUST tag His Hands Photographs. Please send me the link via email with your status when you share.
I just entered the “Best Friend” Contest with His Hands Photographs! Check out the contest details here: http://hishandsphotographs.com/2013/03/best-friend-contest/ Check it out and enter too!
3. Winner will be selected March 25th so make sure you do not want to wait to enter!
1. Session is not transferable and must be redeemed by August 31st. If not scheduled and taken by August 31st, the prize is forfeited.
2. Both sessions must be scheduled at the same time or back to back depending on family members ages.
3. The entry must be emailed to email@example.com. No facebook messages or blog comments will count towards entry to the contest.
4. Session must take place in the Birmingham area and is photographer’s choice where the session will take place.
5. I am assuming this will be entered mostly by ladies with families but anyone is free to enter. I just want to hear about your best friend and what he or she means to you!
Here is a few of my favorite pictures from our last session with her and her kiddos.
Here is one of my little guy and my friend’s son. Even though they are 5 years apart, E calls him his best friend. They are so sweet together!
Leave a Comment
Posted on February 8, 2013
I love our mini sessions! It is wonderful to see new families and see how much the families from the past have grown! Spring mini sessions are always so colorful and bright!! This is perfect for Mother’s day gifts! Email me if you are interested in reserving a spot for your family or children! These always go fast, don’t miss out!!
Here are the details:
Here are a few more favorites from our spring mini sessions last year!
Leave a Comment
Older Posts »