We certainly live in a new age of digital technology where we can trade images and other information on the Internet as easy as pressing a few keys on a keyboard. What an exciting time to live in! And, considering how we at His Hands came into photography from a background of graphic design and information technology, it’s always been easy for us to offer our portraits on CD with rights to print since we opened our doors in early 2007.
A lot of our clients over the years have asked several questions wondering what exactly they can do with their disk of images. So here’s a simple breakdown of what you can and can’t do with your CD:
- What sizes you can print: You can print as many copies of all of your images as many times as you’d like up to 8×12 in size. The files are cropped (sized) to 8×12 and printing anything larger will likely turn out soft, or a little blurry. But, you can print anything 8×12 or smaller such as wallets, 8x10s, 5x7s, 4x6s, etc. to your heart’s content.
- “Copyright” versus “Printing Rights”: We retain the copyright to the images at all times which means we own them in their entirety. You cannot alter them in any way without our express written permission. This includes, but is not limited to saving them to your computer or phone from any online website, cropping them or resizing them in any way, removing or cropping out the HHP logo, or changing the image using any editing software (increasing the colors, contrast, adding special effects, etc.)With printing rights you can do several things outside of just having prints made! Check out these great ideas:
- Greeting cards, invitations, birth announcements, save-the-date cards, and holiday cards
- Canvases and standout mounts
- Coffee table albums and family portrait albums
- Coffee cups and custom jewelry
- Scrapbooking and collages